Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend in a Nutshell

We've been busy this weekend! I really like having Wes home on Saturday and Sunday...I feel like we get so much more quality family time that way. And since we are down at the office a lot, we get to see a lot of each other every day.


On Saturday morning our friends and their daughter came over to help us with a project. We had to pour a concrete pad for our air conditioner to sit on. (Hopefully, we will get our unit installed this week!). Lacie and Kyle helped Wes while I watched the kids inside...I would have been no help outside, that's for sure. They got it all poured in about 2 hours or so, and then Wes spent another couple of hours doing the finish and keeping it wet and stuff.






In the afternoon I went and picked up a picture that I had framed. The picture was actually my birthday present...I've just been lazy about taking it in to get matted and framed. I really liked how it turned out. I had originally planned on buying it at Deseret Book, but when I could finally get down there they didn't have any in stock. My sister-in-law Shawnie knew the photographer, so I ended up meeting him at his house and buying one from him. He was super nice....this is my absolute favorite picture of the temple-I'm so happy to have it in my house!




Later in the afternoon we drove to Grants to meet a guy who was selling us his sand rail. Me and the kids ate dinner while Wes met the guy in the parking lot. It worked out good, and we were back home by 7:30. Wes and I went for a mini ride in our back yard after we put the kids to sleep. Hallie got to go today and loved it (of course). Our goal is to sell the sand rail for a profit....and have fun with it in the mean time.



This morning Hallie saw her "pet" rabbit outside. She thinks every rabbit is the same one that comes in our yard. Well, after she saw it she ran and got a play gun and told me she wanted to shoot her rabbit! (She has seen her dad shoot one too many, I guess). I don't think she understands that that will hurt the rabbit. I tried to convince her not to, but she was adamant on "shooting" the rabbit. I love how she crouches down when she pretends to shoot something...

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hallie really looks like she knows what she is doing....She cracks me up!!! I love that little thing, and Jaxson too!!!

Luke & Shawnie said...

You got it framed! yay! I want to take a ride in the sand rail! and I love how hallie crouches down to shoot it and her shirt she is wearing! haha i love her! Miss you guys! cant you just live here? please?

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so funny about Hallie and wanting to shoot her rabbit. So innocent I guess!