Jaxson went to the doctor today to get a weight check. He is now 13 lbs. 4 oz., which is 11 more ounces than he was a month ago. I think that is pretty good, but the doctor is still concerned because he is in the <3% for his weight. So he is staying on his high protein, high calorie diet.
I'm really proud of him for gaining that much in a month...but a little bummed that it wasn't more so his doctor would give me a break. I think he is fine, just small for his age. Hallie was the same way, so I'm not too worried. They both have great appetites and I would bet eat more than the average kids their age.
He has to go back in a month (again!) for another weight check...so hopefully I can fatten him up some more by then. (I was so wishing I wouldn't have to do any more baby meats, they are so gross.)
7 comments:
Mikelle! I found you! How are you? I am so happy for you. You are such a great mom I bet! I'm glad to have found you!
Ha! the veal! the worst! that stinks! Come down here and I will help you feed him!
love your blog, darling!
that is so funny Mack is 14 pounds and he is only 3 months, I guess I just have fat kids. They take after their dad... ha ha ha I wish.
Mikelle-Bell,
I'm so sorry! What a hassle to have to go back to the doctor, especially since you think Jaxson is going to be just fine. Preston is TWENTY POUNDS now. At least you won't have to worry about childhood obesity...
Baby meats are groww- they look like a science experiment. I'm into canning chicken and beef now (natural stuff) for our years supply. I wonder if it could just be grind up with the happy baby grinder (my favorite) and then at least you know where it came from.
His darling round face is deceiving. He looked like a chunk.
There has to be a lowest three percentile of weight, otherwise there would be no such thing as percentiles. you know? So just be glad your kid's doing his part to make the other kids in the world bigger.
Post a Comment