Saturday, August 3, 2019

Addison's baptism

Addison got baptized on August 3rd, 2019.  We had all of Wes' family here, as well as Grandpa and Grandma and Finley and Vera (Fin and Vera came home from the cabin with us and stayed about a week until just after the baptism when they went home with Grandma and Grandpa.)

A couple of days before the baptism I took Addi to the church to take a few pictures so I could have one to display the day of the baptism. And its always so hectic the day of to try and take pictures. I ordered this dress online, and we both loved it!


 Addi is so pretty with her big brown eyes and perfect hair that is so easy to do. She still has the same cheeks she was born with, and I love that. She has almost passed up Kamryn in teeth-losing, and I always say it, and it still hasn't happened, but will soon pass up Kamryn in height. They are close enough to share a lot of clothes, although they don't very often. Addi is our sensitive and emotional child, and is hard for me and Wes for that reason. But I'm trying to learn to cultivate that trait into something positive! She loves her sisters, still doesn't get along with Jaxson, although that is getting better. Probably plays most with Kimber. Likes to stay inside with me and not go do whatever Wes is doing outside. Proclaims she is an animal lover, but hates to take care of the animals :). Really, really wants another cat since Cleo died. Addi is super smart and a really good reader. She cares about her handwriting and spelling (first one of my kids to pay real attention to spelling, even though they all get good spelling grades). She has always been particular about grammar, enunciation, and now spelling.  Addi can be very loud and animated at home, but in public, and especially when talking to adults is very, very shy. She has a hard time looking them in the eye and answering questions. When the Bishop came of his office to invite her in for her interview he told me I could come in, and I was like, "oh, no, she has to do this on her own", otherwise I knew she would defer to me the whole time.


We have a lot of kids!






 
Addi and her friend Brittyn shared the day. We've never done that before, so Addi didn't get to choose her whole program, but it all worked out and these two were happy to share! Brittyn's mom gave the talk on baptism and Hallie gave the talk on the Holy Ghost-she was so nervous, but I was proud of her for getting through it. Wes, of course, baptized and confirmed Addi a member of the Church.



After the baptism was over we had everyone over to our house for pulled pork sandwiches that Wes had smoked all day. It was fun to just let everyone hangout at our house and enjoy the afternoon.

One more, just because I loved this picture.

No comments: