Thursday, August 29, 2019

Gingham Quilt

 

My friend Kaeli had a baby boy in September and a baby shower in August. It had been so long since I made a quilt, that when I got the invite for the shower and it was only a couple of days away, I said why not? :) I had to run to Hobby Lobby (life changing to have a craft store here now) to find a suitable backing fabric, and then I got to it. A couple of days later it was ready for the baby shower. I used navy, kona snow, and a gray (can't remember which gray), and then a fabric for the back that looked like tree bark. These pictures/lighting are terrible, but they are the only ones I took. I love doing the binding and adding an unexpected color strip, like the red on this corner.



 I quilted it in a criss cross pattern using my walking foot. It felt really good and invigorating to quilt again!

No comments: