Thursday, December 21, 2017

Christmas festivities


Ward Christmas party. We couldn't find Kimber when we were ready to go see Santa, unbeknownst to us, she had sneaked out and was the first in line to see him. We always have the kids see Santa all together so we don't hold up the line, but we still had the classic baby-crying-with-Santa picture.


While Wes was quail hunting with Jaxson and Hallie I took the younger kids to the annual magic show at El Morro theater. The magician hasn't been to Gallup for the past few years, but used to come annually as a fundraiser for the Fire Department. The kids were excited to see the show again, and not much had changed (like it's the same exact show we've seen several times, but they still love it).

Kimber loved Marika, the assistant and belly dancer. She even went up to her after the show to get a picture, and wouldn't stop talking about her for days.
It's always sad to put away the tree, but once its done it feels so good! That space behind the couch felt huge once the tree was down. Also, everyone wants to help put Christmas up, but no one wants to help put it away.
Christmas Eve was on a Sunday and we had a combined biward Sacrament meeting. The kids looked nice in their hand-me-down dresses, but I forgot to get Hallie a dress (she has grown so much in the last year), so she borrowed one of mine. I love attending church on Sunday, and once all of the musical numbers I was accompanying were over, I could really enjoy it.

Lots of Hallmark and Lifetime movies and puzzles during that magical week in between Christmas and New Years. Sadly, the only kid who really enjoyed working on them was Addi. The others would come and go but get bored quickly.

No comments: