Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas crafting


 I started making stockings for our whole family several years ago. This November I decided that this was the year I was going to get it done. I spent a few weeks finishing the ones I started, making the ones I hadn't started yet, quilting them all, and then assembling the outer and inner pieces. After all of that, I found an embroidery shop to embroider the names on the cuff of each stocking. And then I was able to sew the cuff on and they were finally complete a few days before Christmas. I already can't wait to use them next Christmas.


 (the girls have their names in green, but its hard to see with the bad lighting in our house)

The other project I started way back last Spring. I found this felt ornament kit on Purlsoho.com, and when it went on megasale I grabbed it. These little things are addicting! I worked on them off and on all year, and made about 35. I loved adding them to my tree this year.
My friend Megan has the funnest party every Christmas, a white elephant ornament exchange. This is the ornament that I received
And I gave a couple of these (this one is one of my favorites)

No comments: