Sunday, February 12, 2017

Snow days

We had a couple of big storms come through in January-the only real good snow we've had all winter, and the storms were just a couple of days apart. The kids got 3 snow days within a week. The snow was kind of crazy because it had been so windy, so some places had no snow and some had drifts of two feet.




We headed up to the ranch one afternoon to check on the cows. There was a couple of feet of snow up there, and it took us awhile to get in past the gate.

 It was freezing! I played with the kids for a little bit, while the Wes went to clear roads, and check on cows. And then I chickened out and made hot chocolate and cookies for the kids when they came in to get warm.

Luckily, my mother-in-law had Morgan (I didn't want to take her since she had a runny nose) and so we all squeezed into the hunting truck, which was a good thing because my car would have never made it.



No comments: