Monday, February 13, 2017

Lambing Season!

 
We are in lambing season- a little early. About a month ago we had a lamb born, who Hallie named Locks. It is such an exciting time on our little "farm". We got into raising sheep so that the kids could earn some money for the mission funds. So far we are in the hole, since last years lambs didn't work out, but we are hoping we are on the right track now.

We had two born on Sunday, February 5th. One to Furry and one to Libby (I hope I'm getting this all right, I need Hallie  here to help me). One was a girl and one a boy. This one is Libby's.
Hallie trying to catch the lamb to see if it was a girl or boy- a boy!
 Furry's lamb (I think)...the two born on the same day look identical.


This one is another girl. It was born on Tuesday, February 7th, just minutes before Wes stopped by after work. We had all thought it would be soon for PeeWee. Her little lamb has little ears just like her. We took the kids by after dinner to make sure she was nursing. Wes had to assist them a little bit and rubbed the lamb down.

Just hours old
 
Kimber named her Mary. The next morning.

No comments: