Friday, May 27, 2016

Girls Trip!

 A couple of months ago my mom emailed all of us girls and said she wanted to organize a girls (and babies!) trip to go see Meadow. We were all on board, and so excited. Milo hasn't been able to travel yet, so none of us sisters had gotten to meet him yet.  I have never done a girls trip like this before, and was so excited about it. I had 3 nephews I hadn't gotten to meet yet!

We picked some days in May and made it happen (thanks to my mom who pushed us to not procrastinate!). I had decided I would rather drive to Mesa, and then fly out with my mom, Shawnie, and Diana, than to drive 2 hours to Albuquerque and fly out myself. It worked out great because I had some friends who were going down to Mesa for a girls weekend themselves the exact days I needed to go, so I was able to tag along in their car. Plus that meant I got to drag out my trip a little bit longer, since we were planning on being in Santa Cruz for Friday and Saturday.

Once we landed we met up with Meagan and Theodore and got our car situation worked out, then we drove straight to Meadow's house. It was so, so great to see Meadow and meet sweet Milo. His smiles just kill me, I would do anything for that baby when he smiles at me!

 After playing at Meadow's for awhile we went to lunch. It was funny to see/hear people's reaction to all of us and our babies. Morgan got the attention of a lady at lunch who was missing her grandkids. She requested that I position Morgan's carseat so that she could look at her while eating (a little weird). We got to talking and Meagan ended up telling her that Morgan was my 6th kid, and the lady about fell out of her seat. Whenever I just have Morgan I get asked if she is my first, and I always have to laugh.

After lunch we headed to our hotel and then walked down to the beach. It was breezy out, but so beautiful, I could not get over it. The hotel was just a couple of blocks away from the beach, so we had fun chatting and browsing boutiques along the way.

That night we ordered pizza in and got to meet Meadow's boyfriend, Ben. I had fun getting to know him and just hanging out with all of us together.

 I don't have pictures of the next morning but we walked to the beach again after breakfast, and then packed up to go to the Santa Cruz boardwalk. It was really cool and we had a yummy lunch on the beach before heading back to the airport.

 Morgan did great in her front pack. She would take naps in there, and was pretty easy peasy on the trip! I think she enjoyed the one on one time with me.

It was too quick of a trip, but it was so nice to catch up and laugh with my sisters, to meet all of the new babies, and just enough to make me wish we could all live close and raise our kids together. Here's to hoping we can all make it to Mexico this summer so we can continue the fun we had in California.
A big thanks to my mom for putting this all together for us! And a big, huge thank you to Wes and my mother-in-law for keeping my kids so that I could come! Wes ended up having a really busy few days while I was gone, and thankfully all was well when I got home.

Theodore, Kade, Morgan, Milo
On the flight to San Jose I sat by Diana. Miss Morgan is a busy body, but I did get her to sleep for a little bit
Playing with Kade
 
The babies had fun playing together on the floor.





 Hilarity and chaos ensued when we tried to take a picture of all of the babies.
 




all of us on the girls trip!
 
Meadow, Milo, Kade, Shawnie, me and Morgan, Diana, Meagan
 
The hour long drive back to the airport was beautiful! Especially when I sat in the front and didn't get car sick (I learned my lesson the first time).
 

No comments: