Saturday, May 21, 2016

Morgan at 7 months

Morgan had her 6 month well check last week.  She weighed in at 11 lbs 4 ounces. Her doctor is concerned because she lost a few ounces. This is typical of my kids at this stage, for some reason, and otherwise she looks/acts great. I have to bring her back in for a weight check in another week. If there is no gain, she will have to back to her pediatrician at the clinic (she sees our family practice doctor right now).
 
She does this funny thing where she scratches her bottom when she plays on her stomach. I didn't really notice it until one day she had on only a diaper and every minute or so I would hear a scratching noise.
She has started eating foods! Baby squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes, graham crackers, french toast, hot dog bun, and lots of rice cereal. She has liked everything so far. I am trying to fatten her up. She still nurses about 8 times throughout the day.

A couple of  weeks ago she was creeping across the room. She can also get up on her hands and knees and rock a bit. Heaven help me-she is too little to be doing this!

Morgan is still in 0-3 month clothes, and I recently moved her up to size 2 diapers, but they are falling off of her little body.

I love getting her up in the morning. She will bury her face in my neck and snuggle while I carry her from her room to mine to feed her in bed.
The girls love to help with her, and sometimes "babysit" her in the other room while I cook/clean, etc.

She gets to go with me on a girls trip this weekend. I am soo excited to see all of my sisters and their babies I haven't gotten to meet.
Morgan has started showing interest in Gus and has grabbed at him a couple of times, and luckily he didn't graze her with his teeth.

No comments: