Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Pinewood Derby


Jaxson had his first Pinewood Derby at the end of February. On one of the many Mondays the kids have had off school this semester Jaxson went to work with Wes so he could work on his car.  He designed his car, Wes helped by cutting it out, they worked together to get the weight right, and then Jaxson painted it orange and gray. I can't believe I forgot to get an closeup of his car!
 The boys were all such good sports and had a really great time racing. Jaxson came in with low expectations-he just wanted to beat the car Hallie had made when the Activity Day girls did their own race.
  
Well, he ended up winning every race he was in! He was sure excited about it! In addition to getting the 1st place trophy, he got an award for being the "Best Built".

We all had a good time, and it was nice not to have to help plan or execute the Derby. The past few years I've helped, mostly just planning, and then being a judge...I was happy to sit back and enjoy it this year.


The only problem with winning is that he set a precedent for next year!

No comments: