Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Morgan-4 months

 
Morgan at 4 months. *edited to add: Morgan went to the doctor a couple of days ago, and weighs 11 lbs, 8 ounces and is 24" tall. It surprised me that she didn't weigh more...this currently puts her as smallest at 4 months.

(almost bald) Her other big "achievement" is that she started rolling over to her tummy about 3 weeks ago. She can roll back to her back too, but doesn't very often and gets mad when she is stuck. She started almost exclusively sleeping on her stomach too. I've always had side sleepers, so this is a first. I removed her blanket from the crib too, and keep a little portable heater in her room instead.

 The kids all love her. Addison and Kimber are always asking to hold her and Addi tries to carry her all over the house. Kamryn and Hallie are big helpers holding her when she's cranky and I need a minute to do something. Jaxson doesn't initiate holding her but will when I ask him to (but only for a second).
Morgan's biggest change this month is that she moved into her own room. She is now sleeping through the night almost every night! She has started going to sleep between 8:30-9:00, and that makes life so much easier. Her naps are still all over the place.

 She continues to love her baths. She is the only one of my babies who has enjoyed baths, and it is a treat for me! She has started kicking her legs in the water to splash.
Kamryn likes to read to Morgan. She really loved when Morgan put her hand on her arm.
I will take all the baby snuggles I can. So often I am running in a thousand directions and helping the other kids with things. It's nice when I get a chance to just hold a sleeping Morgan while the other kids sleep/go to school.
She loves this play mat that we keep at work. It is still going strong after 6 kids!

We love having a baby in the house! Morgan is so sweet most of the time and now that she sleeps so well at night it makes life with a baby seem pretty easy.

The kids like to try to get her to laugh lately. Morgan is especially ticklish under chin and on her upper back.
We use the bumbo occasionally. But she usually prefers to be held as opposed to watching me cook dinner.
We went to church in Zuni with Wes, (that's where he is assigned in his calling)

2 comments:

LSWright said...

You look good Kell! And I love the picture of the 4 girls! She is adorable...and needs to teach Kade to sleep through the night.

meg said...

i bet people cant believe that you are the mom to all those kids. you look like the oldest sister!