Thursday, September 25, 2014

Back to School BBQ

The weekend before school started we decided to have a big bbq up at the ranch with 100 of our closest friends. Ha! I don't know why I had it in my head to make it so big, but I didn't want to leave anyone out and figured the ranch is the best place to host a large crowd in the summer time. Unfortunately I only took a couple of pictures-I should have taken some of our friends-but it was a really busy day running around to get ready for that many people. We got out the big grill and Wes was the grill master. It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun to have our closest friends around us in a place we love so much.
These two were pretty cranky which was making it hard on me to get the stuff done that I needed to, but luckily there were many helping hands to get it all done.
We cooked up all the hot dogs and hamburgers and fixings while everyone else brought sides to share. People were welcome to stay as long as they wanted and/or camp for the night. The kids had a blast, as usual. We roasted marshmallows by the fire and even had someone playing the guitar around the campfire...the perfect way to end the day. We may just have to start making it a yearly tradition.

4 comments:

LSWright said...

Addi's hair look like it grew 10 inches! What fun!

janae said...

This is so great! What a fun idea

Emily said...

It was seriously fun and I can't believe how much work it was for you guys (and that you'd want to do it again after all that). Next year make it a ward activity and enlist help! :) Thanks for the fun, we loved it.

Marshall and Thelma said...

sounds like fun to me next year u can enlist my help????????