I've been busy the last couple of months trying to make a lot of baby quilts to get ahead, since I won't be sewing much over the next few months. The only one left to finish, is mine, for this baby that's coming sometime in May.
This quilt is going to a friend who had a sweet baby girl last week. It is her 5th kid also! It measures about 42" square. I used a traditional shoo-fly block, but made it super-sized for a more modern look.
I really liked the soft color palette of pink, gray, and a tiny bit of yellow.
I straight-line quilted this 1/4 inch from the block seams and then down the diagonals.
I backed the quilt with this elephant print that I've had in my stash for a long time. I'm really trying to use what I already have on hand (which is quite a lot, actually), and this soft flannel fit the bill.
| All rolled up and ready to be given away! |
1 comment:
That might be my favorite quilt you've made. I LOVE it!
Post a Comment