Monday, May 20, 2013

Lately...

...the kids have been playing outside for a couple of hours everyday after school. It is sooo nice to have them playing independently in what is otherwise the "witching hour". I don't know what they do in the backyard, but I am happy the 3 of them get along so well and can entertain themselves.

...we play the high/low game at dinner. Kamryn is really good at reminding us, although she always wants Jaxson to start. We each take a turn telling what our favorite and worst part of the day is. It's a good way for Wes to hear about the kids' days.

...Hallie has started giving Addison baths. This is such a huge help to me. And Addison much prefers Hallie to me.

...Addison is sleeping on Jaxson's bottom bunk. They are sharing a mutual love for each other right now. Addison is loving having the toys in  there and Jaxson just likes not having to sleep alone. She still takes naps in her crib, but we will phase that out over the summer when the baby will start using the crib.

...school is winding down and there has been some sort of activity everyday for the kids, even though they are little (I thought all the craziness was for junior/high school). The only plus about not having had the baby yet is that I have been able to take them to their field trips, etc.

...we have fun everyday trying to get Addison to imitate us. She does the funniest things sometimes, I really need to get her on video.

...we pray every night for this little baby to come out already. I know she will come when she is ready, but that doesn't stop us from praying for a quick arrival. I am 39 weeks, 1 day today and very ready to meet our new little baby.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Your Addison is the cutest. Seriously!

I'm getting anxious to meet your new baby! Can't you get her out already?!

We do the best/worst part of the day at dinner too. The kids don't love it but I do.