Friday, February 8, 2013

Down to 2

About a month and a half ago I challenged Jaxson and Kamryn to see who could stop sucking their thumb first. We have tried bribing Jax with all sorts of things, but nothing has worked yet. I told them that whoever stopped first would get to go on a special date with mom or dad to the movies, with no other kids. My goal was to have Jaxson stop, I didn't really care about Kamryn still sucking her thumb.

But, he got showed up. Kamryn stopped that very day and hasn't looked back since. It almost makes me sad not to see her with that thumb in her mouth anymore...a reminder that she is growing up. I am glad that I won't have to cross the bridge with her later though, as it seems the older they get, the harder it is to stop.

As for Jaxson, well he is sucking his thumb more than ever, and shows no sign of stopping. I am hoping that the closer he gets to starting Kindergarten, the more he will want to stop.

On another note, there has not been a single movie that looks appropriate to take Kamryn to. The last few times I checked the schedule there was nothing but pg-13 and R rated movies. Seriously? I'm hoping something good comes out soon so I can make good on my promise.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sad! But good at the same time. Also,I'm bugged about the movie situation too.