Sunday, February 24, 2013

More baby quilts

Our ward at church has lots of young families...that means lots of pregnant ladies expecting babies. I think there were 4 babies born in the last couple of months, and 5 more pregnant ladies (that I can think of). So, lots of baby quilts being made at my house. I am actually on a fabric fast, so I have been trying to only use stuff I already have on hand.
 

 

 I decided that instead of wrapping the quilts in bags with tissue paper, I am going to roll them up and tie them off with a strip of coordinating fabric. That way I don't have to go searching for bags and tissue paper all the time.
 These pictures were all taken inside, so the colors aren't totally accurate (we have snow outside right now). But this quilt was a blue/green theme, a repeat of a pattern I made a couple of years ago.

 Here is a close-up of the quilting, a wavy line in all the white spaces. I did this with my free motion foot.

This is a sideways picture of the back, scrappy to use up the pieces I had.
 
 
Quilt #2:
 
This quilt is a little more pastel-ly than I usually go for, but I think it turned out really pretty. I used a charm pack of Lily and Will, along with an inner and outer border.
  I simply straight-line quilted through the diagonal of the squares.


This quilt finished around 36"x42", I think. I can't get the picture of the back to show up, but it was a brown and cream polka dot that I loved.



A close-up of the quilting.

All rolled up and ready to be delivered. (The bow is made out of the backing fabric).

I have quite a few more projects/quilts I want to get done before the baby comes, let's hope my energy/body allow me to do that, because I know I won't be sewing for awhile after she gets here!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE those. I know I say this every time but you are seriously talented.

Sky said...

Never in my wildest dreams did i think you would become so passionate about quilts growing up.