Saturday, January 26, 2013

Addison-18 months

Addison is now 18 months. She got to go to nursery for the first time this past Sunday. She did well, but probably because my mother-in-law was in there helping. We will see how she does on her own. She really hates when other kids come in her space, because she thinks they are going to steal her toys.

  • Addison is still cantankerous. I hear it's mostly when I'm around though. My mother-in-law says she doesn't act like that for her.
  • She stands up in her high chair 90% of the time.
  • She likes to eat whatever we are eating, even if that means getting really messy. No more simple meals for her. She wants the stew, rice and chicken, lasagna, etc
  • Her vocabulary is increasing a lot lately. She says mama, dada, nana, papa, hallie, dog, cracker, more, sippy (ippy), moo, down, baby, all done, hello, NO, and probably a few others I'm forgetting
  • Addison loves hanging out with Wes lately. Last week he took her on some errands, and sent me a picture text of her sitting on the tractor while he fed the cows.
  • Papa is Addison's favorite. When we pull into their driveway she starts saying papa?papa?. Same thing if she sees his truck.
  • She can follow simple commands like "throw this in the trash" (consequently I'm finding lots of things in the trash), "bring me a diaper", "find your sippy", etc.
  • She really loves her siblings and likes to follow them around as they play. She wishes she could be part of the action.
  • She really loves to draw. She wanders around our bench at church with her note pad and pencil. She is the only one of my children who has written on our walls and doors. Luckily it was just pencil.
  • Sometimes I think Addison is bi-polar. I guess most 18 months old are in the same boat. But one second she will be screaming bloody murder, and the next second is all smiles. She constantly baffles me.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot that she also says "stuck" (uck) many times a day :)

Sky said...

does she cry?
and what does cantankerous mean?