A couple of weeks ago my parents called saying that I had received a package at their old house, addressed to my maiden name. Their renters brought the package over to them and they were waiting for my permission to open it.
The package came from Australia so my dad asked if I was expecting anything. I told him no, and to just open it. Inside was a Spanish hymnal. The inside was covered in Ecuadorian banana stickers. It had a sticker label with my maiden name and address on it. There was a little note on the inside, from the nice lady who mailed it to me, saying that she had found the hymnal in Melbourne Australia in a church building, and thought I might want it back.
I told my dad it must have been Wes's at some point, because he used to cover the inside jackets of his books with those banana stickers while he was on his mission in Ecuador.
My parents sent the hymnal to me. And the mystery continued. Wes said he didn't remember ever having a full size hymnal on his mission. But somehow the hymnal was in Ecuador, got my address label on it, and then somehow ended up in Australia. So weird.
The only explanation we've been able to come up with is that Wes had a companion from Australia, so he must have been involved somehow.
I don't think I will ever know the whole story of this traveling hymnal, but I thought it was too amusing not to share. Now I need to write the nice lady back and tell her thank you.
2 comments:
Super random!
That is super cool!! I wish you knew the whole story.
Post a Comment