I also made my parents a quilt for Christmas. Luckily, I was on the ball and got this one finished in August. I brought it down for Thanksgiving and gave it to them then so they could have it out during the Christmas season.
I believe the squares are 10", so this one measured 70" by 80", a good lap size quilt. This was made from yardage from the Jovial line by Basic Grey. I got a bunch for cheap after Christmas the year before, and held onto it for a quilt for my parents. The red, green, and mustard colors go with their house.
If I had to do it again, I would have made the corner squares larger, I feel like the design would have been more dominant that way.
I quilted this with a big allover stipple. Nice and fast.
The back is made from 4 yards of this print...I like how it had all the colors in it. I almost always do a scrappy back to use up the "leftovers" so this was a departure for me. Now I have some extra fabric to turn into something else.
1 comment:
such a beautiful Christmas gift! (daughter points for sure). :)
Post a Comment