Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Camie and Andy's quilt

We had Camie and Andy's family for Christmas, so it was their turn for a quilt (all of Wes's siblings now have quilts...onto my family, I guess).

I based this quilt on this pattern. I used my own measurements, but pretty much copied her design. Most of the fabrics I used were from Sweetwater's Hometown line, with a few others thrown in. This quilt ended up being roughly twin sized. I knew I wanted it longer than a lap size because my in-laws are rather tall.


 This quilt took me forever...not because it was the most challenging, but I took about a 2 month hiatus from sewing this fall, so even though I started it in August, I didn't finish until Christmas Eve!
 I tried a new quilting design, kind of a swirly spiral. Some spots are rough, but I think it looked good from a distance. I am always trying to expand my quilting techniques.

The back is scrappy, made up of all the leftover yardage. Some day I will learn to take really great photos of my quilts. They never look as good as they do in person.

1 comment:

Emily said...

They look awesome here but they are amazing In person. You are so talented.