Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Day 2013

On New Years Eve we invited some friends over to our house. We had lots of good food and many renditions of dart tag. The kids all lasted until midnight (well I put Addison down at 11:45 or so because I could not handle her crankiness for one more minute). We let the kids have sparkling cider out of fancy glasses and then sent them to bed.

The next morning we all slept in (I had to go wake up Addi at 9:45!), ate biscuits and gravy per Wes, and headed up to the ranch with some friends for the day.

The ride up was adventurous, Addison threw up in the truck. Once we were there Wes hiked to the house, got on the tractor and started plowing the road from the gate to the house. It took about an hour, and the kids were complaining about the throw up smell in the truck...fun.

Once the road was plowed we drove to the house, had lunch, and got all the kids ready for the snow with their gear. Jaxson loved playing in the snow, I think he ended up staying outside for 4 hours or something ridiculous. The other kids would come in to warm up and drink hot chocolate, but not Jaxson.
The kids had fun sledding and being pulled behind the snowmobile on a tube. I had fun staying inside with Addison, my half an hour outside was plenty for me.



The way home was even more adventurous as we were stuck in the snow for a couple of hours after dark. I think it took us 3 hours to make the half an hour drive:( Lots of time in the car for me with the kids, trying to keep them occupied. But I would gladly take that job over Wes's shoveling he had to do pretty much the entire time.

1 comment:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

my 3 1/2 year old is SO jealous! This looks wonderful! Beautiful family. :)