Saturday, July 16, 2011

4th of July

We spent 4th of July weekend up at the ranch with Wes's family. I was so sure I was going to go into labor that weekend...I have always gone at 37 weeks...so we spent the whole weekend anticipating my water breaking, and it never happened. We were kind of hoping it would so everyone would be able to meet our new little one, but oh well.

The kids had fun playing outside with their bug catchers....those provide hours of entertainment, even when they never catch anything. We also had fun doing a minimal amount of four-wheeling, due to the forest being closed because of fire hazards.

We came in on Monday the 4th and went to a bbq at a friends house. We set off lots of fireworks, and the kids got to do tons of sparklers. Kamryn couldn't get enough of the sparklers, and Jaxson was so scared of them. They were so filthy from playing outside all day....we didn't get them to bed until almost 11:00pm by the time baths and bedtime were done! And luckily they slept in the next morning.

No comments: