Friday, July 9, 2010

Girls Weekend

A couple of weeks ago I went up to the ranch with my sister in laws and mother in law for a girls weekend. It was the first time I had left my kids for that long, but Wes says they did great.


We decided to make dresses for our girls, so that's what we spent the two days doing!


Here are the 4 dresses I made for Hallie and Kamryn. I can't wait for them to wear them to church! Tracie made them the flower clips for their hair.

These are Camie's on the left and Lindsey's on the right. They both made quite a few more after these, but I didn't get a picture of them.

This was our workshop/sweatshop. 3 sewing machines and a serger.

I don't think any of us want to sew ruffles for a very long time!! But we had a lot of fun eating, talking, sewing, and NOT BEING INTERUPPTED! I hope we can make this a yearly tradition.

Thank you Wes for taking care of the kids and letting me breath a little bit...even if the house was in shambles when I returned!


3 comments:

LSWright said...

Get outta here Mikelle! Geez...your so good at everything! I love those dresses! The girls will look so cute in them!! Your amazing...

Anonymous said...

Mikelle-Bell,

They look so very darling. You have officially inspired me in yet another area, dang you. I can't stand it anymore; I want to learn how to sew well, even if this next baby is a boy. My mom gave me a new sewing machine for my birthday, so I'm determined to learn how. Any recommendations on starting out? I'm going to go to a class at JoAnn's like you recommended. Did you say you took a class at a community college? I can't remember. I might check that out. And I've been looking at that Cluck, Cluck, Sew site you told me about. Any others you recommend? I can't wait to get started!

The Deborah Sector said...

So cute! Good Job!