Friday, July 16, 2010

Family Reunion

Kamryn enjoyed crawling around. She had a cold, so she wasn't feeling her normal self.
We had a family reunion with Wes's extended family over 4th of July weekend. We had a great time with lots of activities. There are getting to be so many great-grandkids that it was a challenge keeping track of my three, but they sure enjoyed playing with all of their cousins! I only have a few pictures from the first day...I got sick on Saturday and never pulled the camera out again.

The kids had a rodeo. Here is Jaxson "barrel racing". He was so hilarious to watch because he went way out there and then kept going in circles saying "yeehaw". I finally had to go get him and bring him back.


Pinning the badge on the Sheriff. All of the older kids could see what they were doing (Hallie included), but Hallie still put it in the wrong place! She even told me she could see what she was doing. Hmm??

Corraling the "pigs".

The red wagon float parade. They loved waving their flags to all of the grandmas and grandpas watching.

Papa bought a squirt gun and Jaxson loved taking his turn getting people wet.

The bi-annual basketball tournament. Wes's team won this year! It was a whole lot of playing ball though..hours!

We had many more activities that I didn't get a picture of including a girls craft, mens golf, Minute to Win it games, late night card games and laughing, movie time, etc. I had also made my girls red, white, and blue tutus for July 4th. My kids were all color coordinated and now I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture!

Many people ended up getting what seemed to be a 24 hour flu. We later found out that the well where we were staying tested positive for ecoli. Nasty! Luckily, it was a quick thing.

Can't wait for the next reunion. See you in 2012!

1 comment:

janae said...

I have a few comments:
1. Kamryn looks so grown up. I need to see her soon.
2.The kids rodeo was ADORABLE with all of the little competitions...such a great idea!
3. Dress your kids up in their 4th of July outfits now and take some pics. I've gotta see those girls in their tutus!