Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Rest of the Story

First, I had a great birthday on Sunday. It was a nice, relaxing day! My parents made a spur-of-the-moment trip to come visit us. They got here Saturday night, and left Sunday afternoon. We loved seeing them, if only for a short time. Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes and phone calls.

So now, the rest of the story...a few weeks ago Wes and his dad went to Holbrook to meet up with some guy who was selling some dogs. Wes had agreed to buy 2 adult male dogs, but the guy had more to sell than just those. (Wes said this guy had 18 dogs!) The guys made Wes a deal he couldn't refuse (I guess), and he came home with 3 puppies too. The original plan was to sell the 3 puppies to recoop some of the cost of the other dogs, but Wes is already saying that he wants to keep one of them now. (Will this end up like the sand rails? And I'll be stuck with 7 dogs? I hope not.) Anyway, let me know if you want a puppy! We tried to sell one to my dad...he loves dogs...but my mom said no.


This is all six of the dogs that are in the enclosure Wes made. Gus still lives inside with us, and doesn't seem too disturbed about the new dogs.

This is Rifle. He is LOUD, but only when he sees people. For the most part, the dogs are quiet, especially considering they are all hound dogs. Rifle is a Blue Tick, and the biggest of all the dogs. And he likes to beat up Ned.

This is Ned, our climber. He keeps getting out of the enclosure, even though it has 6 foot walls. We couldn't tell where he was getting out so we decided to set up our video camera to see if we could catch him getting out...and we did! He is squeezing himself in between some barbed-wire that Wes put up on the corral fence. He really squeezes, and ends up with cuts because of it! Wes will probably get that fixed this weekend.

And then we have the 3 puppies, which we are not naming. If you ask Hallie all the dogs names she'll say "Rifle, Ned, Duke, and puppy, puppy, puppy". Both of our kids love the dogs, as long as they don't get too close to the big ones. You can tell when they come into Jaxson's view because he gets so excited and starts squealing.

Wes's ultimate goal is to go hunting with a few of the dogs. We'll probably end up keeping one of the bigger dogs, Duke, and one of the puppies. We hope they will be good hunters! Wes can't wait to start hunting with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mikelle-Bell!

Will you ever forgive me??? What a lousy friend. I TOTALLY forgot your birthday! Dangit. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you had a good day, even though I'm a lousy friend. When are you coming for another visit? I miss you...

Camille said...

That's funny! So many dogs...I don't think I'd be as gracious as you!