Monday, December 22, 2008

First (Real) Snow

We had a long and dreary week last week, full of snow! The kids here had snow days Tuesday through Friday! It was our first real snow of the season, and I must say, it put me into the Christmas spirit. I don't like snow that much, but I do like having a white Christmas.



On Saturday we left Jaxson with my mother-in-law and took Hallie up to the ranch to play in the snow. I knew it would take Wes and his dad some time to clear the roads of the snow, so I was glad we had left Jaxson. And I really enjoyed the one-on-one time I had with Hallie. We took her on a 4 wheel ride, until she got too cold, and then Wes took her sledding. He is such a good dad like that.




Wes and I both had to be at church at 8 o'clock Sunday morning. I was especially grateful for this sunrise I got to look at through my bedroom window while I got ready.

4 comments:

Tassi Smith said...

I love snow. I wish we could have a white Christmas. That sunrise is incredible. I hope your family has a Merry Christmas.

Luke & Shawnie said...

Wow, wish we were up there with you guys! But we will see you soon! Yay! What does wes want for christmas, that is afordable? haha

Luke & Shawnie said...

p.s. yes we still have not done Christmas shopping! and Christmas is in 3 days!

Holly Janeen said...

best picture ever of your kid in the snow jacket... she looks... thrilled :)