Thursday, October 23, 2008

Even horses have to wait in line

I looked out my kitchen window and saw this:





..and I thought, how weird, it looks like they are standing in line. Upon further inspection, I found out they were standing in line-there's a trough at the front of the horses. My question is, how did Sassy get the first turn? (I don't know where my horse was...she is kind of a loner anyway. And we bought a new, friendlier horse on Saturday for Wes. We are hoping to sell Shasta before winter sets in. The new horse is currently named Bell, or Jingle Bell, as Hallie calls it.)



Jaxson had his 1 year check-up yesterday. He is still on the very smallest side of the chart at 16 lbs. 8 oz, and 27 3/4 inches. But he is a happy, healthy little guy, so I'm not worried about his weight. They pricked his finger to run a few tests (I don't remember Hallie having that done at a year), and it turns out his iron is low. So now I have to give him iron, twice a day. And his doctor thought he looked jaundice (I think it was the lights in the office that made him look yellow), so he has to go back in a month to check his hemoglobin again, and to make sure he isn't really jaundice. His doctor is ultra-conservative...she is always worried about every little thing, and always wants to see Jaxson as a follow up. It kind of bothers me, because I'm pretty laid back and don't like to take my kids to the doctor for every little thing. Oh, well.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

She just wants the insurance money I bet.

Crystal Star said...

We had this with Jena (the jaundice scare). It ends up she was eating way to many carrots. Seriously look at his baby food. If his favorites 1st ingredients is carrots, I bet that's it. No worries, it just turns their skin a little more orangey. Let me know, I'm curious. I look back at photos of her and she was more "tan" looking than my other kids. She still loves carrots.

m e a d o w said...

I can't tell you why Sassy is first in line. But I can tell you that I would let her go ahead of me. And then I would run away. And so would Isaac.