Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mexico 2008

We had so much fun with my family in Mexico. We go to Ensenada where my parents rent a beach house for a week for the whole family. We did this 2 years ago and loved it, and got to do it again last week.

We enjoyed watching the dolphins almost every morning, and gorgeous sunsets every night. The house was literally on the beach. We just had to step off the back patio and there we were! It was so nice to come and go as we pleased. Plus, this beach is only for the people who rent the houses for the week, so it's not crowded at all. I loved that fact, because it made it so much easier to keep track of Hallie.



I took a million pictures of everything, but I'll just post a few on here. The kids loved the beach. Jaxson, of course, just wanted to eat the sand the whole time. He loved getting his toes in the water. I didn't have him out in the sun too much, because I was worried about him burning, but he really enjoyed his time outside.

My parents bought this raft from Costco while we were there. It was a hit! One afternoon we filled it with fresh water and let Jax play in it. He LOVED it!

One day we went to La Bufadora. It's a blowhole that is not all that impressive, in my opinion, but there are a lot of shops leading down to where you can see the blowhole. We shopped for awhile, and Wes ended up getting a new hat and sunglasses, and Hallie got a guitar and drums.





Hallie had so much fun and keeps asking me to go to Mexico. She loved the sand, playing with Tai and all her aunts and uncles, collecting seashells, building sand piles, flying kites, and taking mud "baths".


She told me she was doing her "business" on the "puter"


Flying daddy's kite

Enjoying the beach
Tai, playing on the beach


The boys playing with the Wii. It was a big hit! Almost everyone got involved. My dad loved the golf...one of the funniest things of the trip was when Skyler wanted my dad to hire him as his caddy.

Wes and I got to go on a date one of the nights. It was nice to get away from the kids for awhile! We went out to eat and then took a walk on the beach. That was the only day I actually got ready and put make-up on...the rest of the time I was lazy!

My two favorite boys!


The day before we headed home we went horse back riding on the beach. I was so sore the next day...the next few days actually. My stirrups were too long (they said they couldn't shorten them :(...lazy bums!) so I had to squeeze my legs together for pretty much an hour straight! The beach is such a nice place to ride though...there are a lot of nice things to look at and a nice ocean breeze too!

7 comments:

Luke & Shawnie said...

ugh why did we have to come home?? Can you email pics to me when you get the time?

Sandi said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love it down there!

The Deborah Sector said...

I am so jealous! I need a fun vacation. Can't wait until I can swim.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are adorable! Thanks for visiting my giveaway!

Camille said...

GREAT PICS!!! Makes me wish I was at the beach right now.

Anonymous said...

Hallie playing the guitar is my favorite picture! Cute girl!

Lindsay said...

haha...that's hilarious that you were sore from the horse. Isn't it pathetic that we used to be able to bench press our own weight, and how we can't even squeeze our thighs together without getting sore! I did the eliptical for about 1 minute and a half today and then got off cause it was too hard :) What a fun vacation though. I bet you guys will remember that for a long time. Did Meadow go? What is she up to these days? Tell her to get a blog :)