Thursday, July 10, 2008

Family reunion

Last weekend we went up to Kamp Kiwanis (about1/2 from where we live) for Wes's family reunion. We had lots of fun, games, and food! It was a little crazy at times...I think there were 16 great-grandkids there, 14 of them being 3 or under! It's great to have so many cousins for my kids to play with though.


I didn't take very many pictures...but I'll steal some from Camie eventually. I hate when I don't get myself in any of the pictures, but that is what usually ends up happening.
One of the favorite things that we did was play Rock Band. We had never played before, but are hooked now. Wes could not stop playing and stayed up late every night to jam. You know you are addicted when you wake up and your fingers are moving like they are playing the guitar. (Dad, does that ever happen to you? And, I think you would like this game a lot.) Hallie played on a set of drums that someone brought up, so she could feel included without really playing the video game. She got really into it!

This pic is very deceptive. Jax looks like he has chubby cheeks, but in reality he is still tiny. He really wanted Wes to share his skittles with him. In another week and a half he goes to the doctor again to get weighed. I can't tell much difference since his last visit, but I'm hoping he's gained some.





Hallie instantly attached to this cousin at the reunion...she had never even met him before, but she really just was drawn to him (it was weird how some of the little guys found friends, all on their own). They are less than a year apart, but Hallie just thought she was so much older than him. She would lead him everywhere and talk to him in baby talk. Funny.

The kids played games outside every afternoon. The first day she was not having it! I don't know what her problem was:But she really liked the water games, even though she doesn't like to get wet. She managed to stay almost totally dry, while all the other kids were soaking, but at least she had fun.


We have a basketball tournament every year. It's 3 on 3 and Wes always looks forward to it. They tried to get me to play...haha! I turned them down to save myself the embarrassment.

My mother-in-law bought the grandkids matching outfits to wear on the 4th of July. They were supposed to get pictures taken, but because of everyone's different nap schedules that never happened. We did get a couple of my kids and Gus though. We took the matching pics after the reunion at Thelma's house, but those are on Camie's camera. They turned out pretty cute, although there aren't any where everyone is happy.


We did so much more, but that's all the pics I have. Every year we have a girls crafting activity...they turned out cute, so I'll post pics once they are up on the walls. We also had a talent show, game night, morningside and fireside, team competitions, card games, etc...to much to write about! Can't wait for the next one!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

What a fun tradition! That sounds like a blast! I'm sure your kids will remember these reunions for years to come. Fun stuff!

Luke & Shawnie said...

i love your kids!:) they're too cute

m e a d o w said...

Just so you know, people that are in bands (like Dad) tend to think rock band is lame. Especially if you say that the expert level is just as hard as the real guitar. Tell him that and see what happens.

I think Hallie looks like an Olsen twin in the mad picture. Like Ashley though, not Mary-Kate don't worry.

Miss you guys!