One Friday afternoon in September, I got a call from the school nurse
at the girls school. He told me that Kimber fell off the money bars, and
based on her reaction and limited movement that is was possible it was
broken. There was about an hour left of school, and since he said she
had calmed down, I told him to have her finish out the day (mom of the
year, right here). We monitored her arm over the weekend, having her
wear the brace she had from 2 years ago when she had a buckle fracture
in the same arm. It was a little swollen and still hurt when I touched
it, but she mostly played around like normal and didn't ever really
complain or cry about it.
The next Monday I sent her to school and tried to get her into
orthopedics to get an appointment just to make sure it wasn't broken.
They wouldn't see her unless she had an xray done from the urgent care
or er. So I checked her out of school and took her to urgent care, where
they did an xray. They did confirm that she had broken her arm. A
buckle fracture in her left arm, pretty much exactly in the same spot
she had 2 years ago.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment