Saturday, July 20, 2019

Groom Creek


 A week or so after going to Mesa I loaded up the kids again and headed to the Groom Creek cabin. I hadn't been there in 10 years, since Kamryn was just a newborn. Shawnie and Meadow and their kids met us there. We had such a fun time, especially showing my kids around to all the special places around the cabin.The exterior looks fresh and new with the new paint color.  We came up on Monday morning, stopping at Costco and Walmart to get groceries in Prescott. We had fun playing kickball at the playground/field, climbing rocks at Elephant Rock, going to the schoolhouse and running the trail, enjoying a monsoon storm, introducing the kids to Watcher in the Woods, playing missionary tag downtown at the courthouse and grabbing ice cream, going to the bat caves, and eating lots of meals out on the patio. We left Thursday morning, taking back Vera and Fin with us for a week.


So many fond memories in this cabin.



Lots of fun at elephant rocks. The kids had fun trying to be brave jumping from rock to rock.



Addi tried to get Harlow to like her the whole time


These kids were definitely not as adventurous as we were as kids


We loved getting to spend time with the cousins. It was nice to have Netflix to tune in to as well as internet!!

Best cousins forever, on our way to the bat caves

I took the older kids on a walk to the bat caves...much farther than I remember it being. I made them go in with flashlights...but you wouldn't catch me in there!

Bum rock...always thought this was hilarious as kids

I remember playing for hours on this rock wall...I think the rocks were supposed to deter us from doing that, but it had the opposite effect

Morgan kept telling me "I've never done this before!" and was so proud of flipping her head over, haha.

Twinners

So thankful that the cabin is still in the family and a place to go where we can relive our childhood memories. Grateful for Grandpa and Grandma who put so much time and effort into preserving it for this purpose for all of us!

No comments: