Monday, October 29, 2018

Soccer Season 2018

Every year I have been so tired at the end of soccer season-tired of Ford Canyon turf, Sports Complex rubber bits, freezing morning games, endless pickups and dropoffs, shuffling kids around, trying to eat dinner before 5pm every night, having a messy car, bringing snacks to games (seriously hate that so much!).
But this year was all of that and a whole lot more. Wes and I are both on the board for the soccer league this year. Which entailed so many things-setting up and taking down goals before and after games every Friday night and Saturday morning-at two different locations. Helping open bathrooms and turn on/off lights-at two different locations. Last minute, right before the start of the season, we found out we didn't have a head referee, so I scheduled 25 games worth of referee slots (60 open slots each week) every week. Dealt with all kinds of issues from coach issues, facility issues, parent issues, referee issues, player issues. Wes also coached Hallie's team and helped coach Jaxson's team. Hallie and Jaxson also reffed for the first time this year, on top of the normal 5 kids playing soccer on 5 different teams with 5 different practice schedules at two different locations. The amount of time put into the soccer league was just insane. You can see I have not recovered yet! And technically we aren't done with the soccer anyway-travel soccer just started and both Kamryn and I think Jaxson will be doing that all Winter and Spring.


But it is always fun to watch the kids play, and see how they progress throughout the year.





This year Hallie was in U15, Jax u12, Kamryn U10, Addi U8, and Kimber U6. So far, Kimber and Addi don't have much interest and kind of just run around to have fun. The older kids are more competitive (especially Jaxson).



No comments: