Friday, August 31, 2018

Back to School 2018


 Jaxson is in 5th grade this year. For various reasons we decided to keep him at the local public school, and it is working out well so far, even though having kids at two different elementary schools is a pain sometimes.  The first day of school was definitely different this year. Hallie and Jaxson started August 8th at the same school they went to last year. The younger three girls started at a new charter school in our area. It is a classical school, and because of some setbacks they had, they didn't start school until August 25th, two and half weeks after the other kids. Those couple of weeks seemed to last forever, and we all just wanted school to start.
Hallie is in 7th grade, in mid school.

Morgan started PMO in August. This is only one morning a week, and she loves it. So do I! For the first time in years I have a couple of hours a week when I can do whatever I want-errands/projects/cleaning/whatever!



The girls at the classical school have to wear uniforms. I'm liking that part so far.
Kimber is in Kindergarten, Addi is in 2nd, and Kamryn in 4th.

 This is a classic Kimber face. She was trying to figure out how to make a 'k' in sign language.




The morning we took the girls to their new school, Morgan was so sad. We dropped Kamryn off first, and as soon as Kamryn sat down Morgan burst into tears and said "Kamryn's my best buddy". It was just the saddest thing ever. Before that, I was super excited to get them all off to school, but after Morgan started crying, I was so sad for her. She cried for a good half an hour after we got home.
Now that is has been a few weeks, she loves sending the kids to school and as soon as they go out the door with Wes in the morning she looks at me and says "it's just you and me mom".


No comments: