Saturday, March 24, 2018

Spring break-Moab

We spent 3 days of our Spring Break camping near Moab with a bunch of other families. We were able to finally able to purchase a used motor home. It was so nice to travel all in the same car. The kids loved traveling this way-I did too. We didn't have to stop for potty breaks or lunch breaks, and that was amazing. We made pretty good time getting there, except for about an hour where we were stopped because of a terrible accident ahead of us. Somewhere there is a video of the whole crew (30+ people) singing me Happy Birthday. My friends even made peach cobbler and bought ice cream, and it was delicious. Not a bad way to spend the day!
We hustled home on Friday because we had to be in Albuquerque on Saturday for a temple trip and more soccer games. We loved our first experience in the motor home and had a great trip, although with a couple of hiccups (the awning came undone on our way home due to the high wind, so we had to fix that, and we kind of lost Jaxson for a while there one day (he went off on a bike ride without telling us-which is really dangerous given that all these trails interconnect and go on and on...he was not lost and came back to camp about the time we realized he was missing, but it sure gave me a scare!)).
 


Our new ride! It makes us super long traveling down the road, and backing up is a joke (because backing someone up is one of the worst things you could ask me to do). I nicknamed it "The Hulk".
 
 
It was pretty freezing the first evening/night. The wind was whipping and we had to stand pretty much on top of the fire to keep warm. The next couple of days were a little rainy, windy, and cold enough that we never got out of our jackets, but we still have fun.
 
Wes took this group of girls on a sunset hike. Our campsite was right next to a trail. The trails
all interconnect and go on for miles and miles. The kids had so much fun riding bikes.
 
They found the Arch!

Riding in style.
The landscape was so pretty.
One of my friends tried to get me to go on a bike ride-I don't think I've ridden on a bike since I was a kid and I've never mountain biked before. I was definitely out of my element, and luckily I stayed in one piece.

Wes and the kids did lots of razor riding (in Utah you have to wear helmets if you are under 18)

One afternoon I took Hallie, Kamryn, and Addi along with a bunch from our group to hike to the Arch. It was a great little hike and was so fun.





Thursday was my birthday!! The boys plus Kamryn rode with Wes on an all day ride. I spent the morning hanging out with the rest of the gang that did not go, and then in the afternoon I got to cut up some fabric for a new quilt while the older girls went rock climbing with friends.

Hallie is super afraid of heights so I was proud of her for being able to do this!
 



One of our friends brought their new puppy, Suzy. All of the little kids loved to get Suzy to chase after them, especially Morgan.

No comments: