Wes got drawn earlier this year for a deer and an elk hunt- a BOW hunt. He had never shot a bow before, and thus commenced buying all kinds of equipment and spending hours (and hours and hours) learning how to shoot a bow. He even got up at 6 am most of the summer to go practice at the bow range. That is saying something.
His deer hunt was local, so he went up to McGaffey every night right after work for a couple of weeks. And then his elk hunt was a few hours south, and he was gone for 10 days. It was pretty stressful having him gone and being solely responsible for the businesses. That part really stunk. But I made it through somehow, and was oh so happy to have him home again. I felt like I could breathe again.
(his deer he got up at McGaffey)
|
| And his masterpiece |
I am proud of him for learning a new skill, and actually getting rewarded for all his efforts. It made all the time away from home worth it. He sure is a "manly man", and I'm proud to say he's mine. Now we have lots of elk meat to eat!
3 comments:
Well part of the dear is missing..but that Elk is awesome! That is one of Luke's many dreams!Will you be eating a lot of Elk this year??
AND you took care of FIVE kids AND ran the business for TEN DAYS!! You better have gotten a huge bonus!!
PS you make me look bad..not Luke is saying he should be able to leave for 10 days and have me take the kids and go to school for him!
You really are super woman. Seriously, I don't know how you do it all.
And that elk picture is pretty cool.
Post a Comment