Thursday, June 12, 2014

End of the School Year

Hallie had an awards assembly where she received her usual awards for reading, math, and character counts.They get little charms for these awards and add on to a necklace chain for the year.
 
And then they did the Accelerated Reader awards.  Hallie ended up getting an award for having the most AR points of any girl in the whole school! She got a $20.00 gift card to Walmart too. We are so proud of her hard work that has turned into a love of reading.
My sidekicks at the school


And her 2nd grade teacher that she loves, Mrs. Dunbar

This picture is blurry (thanks Jax :)), but I wanted to document that I was there too:

The kindergartners do their own program/graduation/awards so that was a different day that we were at the school. Their program was all about bugs. They performed songs and each kid had a speaking part. Jaxson's was "look at the ground!"

Jaxson also received awards for his reading, math, and character counts. I'm so proud of how far he has come this year. He really loved going to school and is sad I won't let him do the school's summer school program.

Jaxson and his teacher, Mrs. Stotler

Another blurry pic (thanks to Kamryn this time)

The last day of school   
Someone was having a big of a tantrum that I wouldn't let him wear brand new clothes and shoes on the last day of school

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so impressed with Hallie! She must read constantly. Good for her! And I love that last picture of Jaxson so much.

Sky said...

great job kids