We went up to the ranch a few weeks ago for our Spring Break camping trip (that didn't happen to be during Spring Break this year). We invited a few families up to camp for the weekend, and then a bunch of families came up for the afternoon/evening on Friday.
 |
| Kamryn and Wes look like they are praying but they are really playing Mafia, or "Magician" as we started calling it. |
 |
| Jaxson and his sunglasses he wears everywhere. |
 |
| Kamryn enjoyed playing cards with the older girls. Wes put this little
picnic table by the walk-in fridge so they would have some shelter from
the cold wind. |
 |
| Wes brought the baby swings over from the house and put them up under
the ramada for the babies. Kimber was quite content for awhile despite
not feeling well. |
 |
| Just some of the chairs (mostly from us and two other families that were
camping....many more were added to the circle when more people showed
up). All in all, I think I calculated that we had 9 families and 34 kids
up there Friday night. |
 |
| This was a common scene: Addison crawling up and down the steps all day. She couldn't decide if she wanted to be in or out. |
 |
| This is a blurry picture of Hallie trying to get "home" playing
hide-and-go-sneek. I've never played this version before, and it was
really fun! Although I am too wide for most of the trees... |
 |
| Friday evening we had an Easter egg hunt (we camped the same weekend as
Easter). I helped Addison so she was the only one I got pictures of. |
 |
| One of the days Hallie was playing over by the house on the seesaw with
her friends. Somehow she chipped the corner of the front tooth pretty
good. (She has since gotten fixed thanks to some good dentist friends of
ours). |
 |
| The weather was a little cold. I think we all wore jackets the entire time. |
I love that our kids are making memories up at the ranch all of the time. I'm glad that we have a space so close by to enjoy nature. I grew up going to my grandparents' cabin in Groom Creek and those are some of the best memories of my childhood. I'm so glad that my kids are getting to have a similar experience!
1 comment:
That's something I wish my kids had more of. We had a cabin in Pagosa Springs, CO growing up and my favorite childhood memories are from vacations to that cabin. I wish my kids had that. Thanks for letting us come camping with you and for the delicious food!
Post a Comment