Saturday, January 25, 2014

Herringbone Quilt

 This quilt is for my good friend Janae and her long-awaited baby boy. This pattern is just made out of half-square triangles, so it looks more difficult than it really is. I'm digging this color scheme for a boy right now.


I think the final measurements were 34" by 52" or something weird like that.
 
I'm not sure why this picture won't turn. The back is a navy and cream minky and is so incredibly soft. It was a pain and a half to quilt with. Since they live in Phoenix, I didn't want the quilt to weigh much so I went without batting. That resulted in quite some trouble with the tension on my machine. After a few different tries I ended up quilting it in the ditch, something I never do!
 
 
For the binding I used this stripe that's already on the bias-perfect!
 
I'm so glad that I got to deliver the quilt in person and meet the little guy. He was so soft and cuddly!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE that. Especially the navy chevron on the back.

Carli said...

Diddo what Emily said. Love it!

janae said...

We love the quilt & Everett loves laying on it. Seriously, it's so cute! Thanks Mikelle. Maybe one day I will learn how to do something crafty and can return the favor. Until then, I'll just stare at this adorable quilt.