Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring Break Camping

We went camping last week over Spring Break near the Canyonlands in Utah. We had a really great trip besides all the tire trouble we encountered on the way there and on the way home.


Our camping location was just under all of these huge red rocks (honestly it's not that different looking from here, except the red rocks are all over the place). This spot ended up being perfect for all the kids who explored and hiked the rocks nonstop. There were a couple of "mom, I'm stuck"s where I had to climb to nearly the top to rescue my kids, not the easiest thing to do at this point.





 We met up with 6 other families. I think between all of us we had 25 kids, with 3 more on the way. Needless to say, our kids were in heaven getting to play with their best friends for a few days.
 I spent a lot of time with Addi girl...the other kids were either off exploring with their friends or riding the razor. I thought she would be miserable because she still falls a lot on uneven ground, but she did really well.
 Jaxson won't smile normal for me anymore, ever.

She did fall inside the toy hauler one day and got a fat lip


 Between all the families there was 5 razors and several dirt bikes. I pretty much only saw Wes at meal time and after the sun went down...he was all about riding the trails. Actually,  he had to go into town one day to get some propane, and then he spent several hours one day helping a dirt biker who had broke down.
The set-up in the back of the toy hauler....Hallie sleeps on top, Jaxson and Kamryn on the bottom, and Addi in the play pen. They all get so wore out during the day that they crash at night and sleep really well.


We ate inside one morning when it was chilly and raining.


 Someone brought sand toys and they were a hit with the little kids. I need to remember to keep some in the toy hauler, because they always get a lot of use!

The dirt/sand was red. Kamryn's skin matched her hair. And Gus was a red dog by the time we came home.
 



Those are all the pictures I took! Sad. But we had a great time. The weather was really nice, the kids all had so much fun and no one got hurt or lost (always a plus when you're camping). I came home really swollen and tired, but it was still nice to relax and be obligation free for a few days.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That red dirt gets EVERYWHERE. I remember helping my sister and her husband put their yard in in St. George and my shoes and pants were forevermore RED. That looks like such a fun time! I can't believe you hiked to help you kids, I would be like "You're staying there forever!"

Emily said...

Also, I may be slightly afraid of Wes, but man is he nice. Helping a dirt biker for several hours on his vacation? Sheesh. What a guy.

meg said...

how do you clean the kids up before bed? Do you have a shower in the toy hauler? Who were these other families? Sounds like fun. I would like to go with you sometime.