Hallie got a bb gun for her 7th birthday, so Wes helped the kids (and me) learn how to shoot it the other day.
I can remember shooting a gun when I was really young, I think with the Langfords somewhere by Groom Creek (does anyone else remember this?...there was a really scary one way road on the side of a cliff..). But that's the only time. Wes has been after me for years to learn to shoot and properly take care of guns. Especially since he is such a big gun advocate.
I got the hang of it after a few tries, but the kids were another story. The pump on Hallie's gun is too hard for her to do, and she doesn't quite get the hang of aiming and lining up her sites. But we will keep practicing. Jaxson really loved it and wants his own gun now. When Hallie got her gun on her birthday, Jaxson said she "was the luckiest person in the whole world!".
1 comment:
I don't know if I've ever seen a cuter picture than Wes holding Hallie while she's shooting. That is an awesome picture.
Post a Comment