Saturday, March 24, 2012

Freebird squares


 I made this simple quilt using this tutorial by made by Rae. It calls for a charm pack, and I happened to have a Freebird charm pack laying around.

The quilt top came together super quick since all the squares were already cut, I would guess about an hour. I think the brown I used is Kona Coffee.







I used some left over yardage to make the back. I couldn't get the picture to turn, but the butterflies are supposed to be upright.

 I don't buy precuts very often, because I am cheap and can get better deals on yardage, but I just love this line. There are so many great basics.


The finished quilt measures about 40" by 40". I have a few baby girl quilts just waiting to be gifted, but everyone I know is having boys...guess I need to get cracking on boy quilts.

 
 I quilted on a 1/4 inch on either side of the sashing. I debated using another color of thread, but finally decided that white would blend in to the backing the best.

2 comments:

Emily said...

It's so pretty! You're amazing, man.

Emilie said...

WOWZA! I love this quilt!