Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hallie's 1st Day of School

Hallie started school last Monday. She was so excited about it, she said she didn't sleep the night before. She loves wearing her backpack and wants to wear it continuously. The first day of school she told me I didn't need to walk her to her classroom, she could find her own way (I walked her anyways). We went and met her teacher the previous Friday and Hallie loved the classroom. She has done really well going from being home all day to having all day Kindergarten.

We tried taking pictures in front of the house before she left, but the sun was very bright and Hallie CAN NOT stand that. She has a hard enough time taking pictures as it is.


We finally got a decent one in front of her classroom door. She is pointing to the bear that has her name on it.
It has been so fun for me to hear about her days and listen to how excited she is about this new phase of life. (And I love hearing about the things that remind me of elementary school...fire drills, spitwads in the bathroom, kids pulling the fire alarm, etc. )

2 comments:

janae said...

I can't believe how grown up she is. So glad she loves it!

LSWright said...

I love her. I can't believe how fast they grow!!