Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Birthday Boy and his Robot Quilt


Jaxson had his 3rd birthday yesterday. He was so excited to be 3! We had a little get together on Sunday night with my in-laws and 2 of Wes's sisters and their families. Jaxson was really excited that his cousins got to spend his birthday with him.

Jaxson's favorite color is orange, so when I saw this fabric, I knew I had to get it for him. Since his birthday was coming up I decided a quilt would make a perfect gift. And the fabric was a steal!! Some of it was only $2.50 a yard! I really liked how this turned out, and Jax has already slept with it for two nights now.


The fabric is from the Robots line by David Walker, with some Kona cotton thrown in (I think school bus, corn, tangerine, and robin's egg). I can't remember the dimensions, but I think it is about 45" by 54".
I'm glad he likes it!!

3 comments:

janae said...

Happy Birthday Jaxson! And that quilt is fabulous... Good job Mikelle!

Tracie said...

aww...i'm sad i missed his party!! i always miss all the fun :0( Been sick and out of it. Hope he had a great 3rd birthday! can't believe he's already 3!! Happy Birthday to JAX!! Give him a big hug and a kiss from me!!

OT and ET said...

Hi Mikelle, I found your blog from my sister-in-law (Kari Ward)'s blogroll I was intrigued by the "robot quilt" title and just wanted to tell you that is the cutest quilt of all time! Great job, mama! And congrats on your lil guy turning 3, wow. My lil guy will be 2 in January and I'm totally freaked out about it. :)