Sunday, May 19, 2019

End of 5th grade for Jaxson


The end of 5th grade is always a big deal because it means the end of elementary school. Jaxson had a lot going on in May to celebrate "graduating" from 5th grade, from awards assemblies to big projects due, to 5th grade promotion, the 5th grade district track and field day.Jaxson had always won the award excellence in math and reading. 

"My mom was really good in school. She worked really hard. That's why I try really hard in school. If I get a bad grade, she tells me to raise it. My dad does too. He says to get it up or he is going to kick me off my soccer team." 

"My dad grew up doing sports. He played soccer, basketball, and football. He is really competitive in sports. That's why I think I'm competitive. I like to do any sports I can. Sports are really fun for me."

"I am 11 years old. My biggest accomplishments in school are getting into GATE and getting a level 5 on PARCC. My biggest accomplishments in sports are scoring 26 goals in one soccer season. Another one is that I hit 5 home runs and one grand slam in one baseball season. Things that are important to me are getting straight A's and doing well in sports. Another thing that is important to me is taking care of are animals."

His big project was writing about his past, present, and future. It was so fun reading his responses. Other than helping him find and print some pictures, he did the rest all by himself, so I didn't know what he wrote until I went to tour all of the 5th graders projects.

This year he was the top student in the whole school for AR points (points the students rack up based on the books they read). Hallie won that award 4 years in a row, and he was just waiting for her to leave so he could try to carry on the legacy, ha. He ended up with 300+ points, the highest in the school, but for some reason they didn't recognize him. They only recognized the kids who earned 100 or more points. He was pretty disappointed about it (Hallie had won gift cards to Walmart in the past).



No comments: