Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Random October


Addi had a consultation with an ENT in Albuquerque about getting her tonsils/adenoids removed. We waited forever at the doctors office, so we didn't have much time for shopping before we had to get back home to meet the bus.
The oak trees were so pretty at the ranch this month
 
Our ward had a Super Saturday where I was asked to teach a quilting class. An hour is really not enough time to teach a basic class, but it was fun regardless. It made me miss quilting because I haven't had much time lately.

Playing at the park

I took the 3 younger girls and my mother-in-law to Albuquerque for Addison's surgery (Wes was super swamped at work, and with moving looming over our heads). We went over on a Monday and did some shopping and then ate at Texas Roadhouse. We spent the night at a hotel, and then I got up early with Addi and headed to the hospital.

Waiting for surgery. The surgery was quick and they didn't even have her change out of her clothes! She seemed pretty with it, I thought, coming out of anesthesia, until the nurse asked how many of him she saw and she said 3. She had had a cough for several weeks, and I think in hindsight that made recovery worse than it would have been. We ended up moving the day after her surgery, so it was crazy, needless to say. Lots of popsicles, go gurts, applesauce, icees, and tylenol/ibuprofen around the clock for 8 days. After day 8 she was pretty much back to normal.

End of soccer season ice cream. Wes had challenged the kids to make a certain amount of goals, and they did it. I was so glad to be done with the season!



Luke and Shawnie came to visit for a few days. They watched our kids while we closed on our new house!

Right after Luke and Shawnie left my parents came. They helped move a few things over to the new house and my Dad helped Wes hang the elk in its rightful place (the first time!). Wes was right-he did buy me a house that would handle the elk.

We are so excited about our huge fireplace!

No comments: