Monday, November 28, 2016

Hallie turns 11


Hallie turned 11 at the end of November. She was a little bummed that she had to go to school this year on her birthday-usually it falls during Thanksgiving break. Hallie requested ribs for dinner, and white chocolate raspberry brownie cheesecake bites for dessert, instead of a cake. Not everyone was a fan of her dessert choice, but she liked them!

She was super excited to get an activity tracker, I took this picture at exactly the right time.

Hallie at 11:
  • She is super easy to please, and accommodating. If you tell her plans have changed, she will not question you or grill you, or whine, she just goes with the flow.
  • She is super responsible. We have started leaving her in charge of all the other kids sometimes while we run quick errands, or get dinner, and it is life changing for us. I know the other kids don't always like to listen to her, but she is a great babysitter.
  • Hallie is a major book worm, but she also loves to be outside and enjoy animals and nature. 
  • She wants to be a vet someday.
  • She is tender-hearted, especially when it comes to animals. But she also hates to see someone be sad. She will often try to comfort her sisters when she knows they are upset.
  • She likes to eat healthily. Her favorite after school snack is vanilla greek yogurt with chia seeds, chopped up apple, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • She still really excels at school-her love of reading has not stopped-but she is equally as good at math/science. The only thing she struggles with at school is spelling (and even then she almost always gets 100%'s, but she just doesn't retain the words long term).
  • Hallie prefers to eat red meat, and can eat a half a rack of ribs all by herself. 
  • Hallie and Jaxson still feed the sheep/cows/horses/chickens/dogs everyday. When Wes isn't there to help them it takes them an hour. They still have not complained about it, ever. All I known is that if I were them I would hate it. 
  • Hallie is pretty even-tempered, and so I hope that continues as she gets closer to teenagehood, but we shall see.
  • Hallie makes parenting easy, and is a hard act to follow. And we know that she is not a product of our parenting, she just came that way.
Happy Birthday Hallie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just catching up! Hallie reminds me a lot of me at that age. Reading, wanting to be a vet. But she's also a lot nicer than I was!