Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas 2015

Christmas Eve I came down with a terrible cold and was really overwhelmed with trying to make our traditional lasagna dinner, pack for Mesa, finish wrapping and getting ready for Santa to come. Morgan was left alone on the floor as I was trying to get everything done, and like the angel baby she is, she chose this moment to start sucking her thumb and fell asleep. It felt like a true tender mercy.
We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at our house this year, and then drove down to Mesa in the afternoon and spent a couple  of days down there.
 
Grandma sent matching pajamas that the kids were so excited about. We had our traditional lasagna dinner and then watched a couple of church videos about Luke 2.

The kids got to open their jammies, of course, and then the family game-Yahtzee. Their summer babysitter always brings it to play with them, so I knew they would love it.

Christmas morning
 
Santa presents: Morgan-nothing, Kimber-cozy coupe, Addison-an annoying puppy who yips all the time (Santa didn't know it yips), Kamryn-kids gopro thing, Jaxson-bike, Hallie-science kit. They don't get very excited about things, apparently even though they are all loving their new things.


 
 
After opening gifts we went out to breakfast at Denny's, per tradition. And then we came home and packed up to go to Mesa. This was out view as we were leaving our house. Luckily, it got clearer as we got closer to Mesa.


Meeting her namesake
 
Hanging out with Grandpa

 
One of our nieces was baptized the morning after Christmas, and then we spent the rest of the time just hanging out with family. I was really sick, so Wes took the kids to church with my parents while I tried to recooperate.
 

No comments: