Monday, December 21, 2015

Morgan 2 months

 
Morgan had her "newborn" pictures taken at about 5 weeks old. Oh man, it was quite the ordeal because she pooped all over the outfit I had borrowed, before we had even started. My friend, Tania, took her pictures (she also took the ones of all my other kids earlier this fall). She ended up getting some great ones, even though she had to edit the poop out of it.
She is learning how to pick up her head during tummy time.

I take so many pictures of her sleeping- I just can't get enough of her cuteness.
  
Morgan sucks on her hands all of the time, and I keep watching to see if she will start sucking her thumb. I am rooting for it at this point so she can learn how to self-soothe. I won't know what to do with her if she doesn't!
 
Morgan had her 2 month well check today. She is 10 lbs, 15 ounces which is the 30% percentile, and 22 inches tall, 25% percentile. She has really chunked up the last few weeks!

 I think Morgan is the only one of my newborns who actually enjoys her bath. All of my other kids hated them until they were old enough to sit up and play.
 
Morgan is sleeping a little better...most nights she will fall asleep between 9:30/10:30 and sleep until 3 or so , and then again until around 6. But some nights she is up every 2 hours. Her naps are still sporadic and don't have a real pattern yet.
 
She is as big as the creepy doll that Kimber carries around. (The back half of the head is missing).
We brought over a swing from my in-laws house, and that helps her sleep when she is fussy. She has also started sitting in the bumbo. Usually when she is cranky I can hold a pacifier in her mouth and she will calm down without me having to do the whole rock/bounce/walk around the house thing. If only she would suck on the pacifier herself!
 
Morgan started smiling a couple of weeks ago, but does so more consistently now, and it is so much fun. It always amazes me how much joy I feel to see them smiling for the first time.
 

1 comment:

LSWright said...

she's perfect!! Can't believe I have to wait 5 more months to meet her!!