| Kimber weighs about 23 lbs. I still need to schedule her well-check so she can get her immunizations. I don't think she has been to the doctor since she turned 1. |
| Kimber is speaking in simple sentences now, and it is so fun to hear what she says. She speaks pretty clearly for her age too. |
- It's hard to believe sometimes that she is growing up so fast. But I can see it happening before my eyes every day lately.
- I often call Addi "Addi-Paddy". So now Kimber goes around calling her "Paddy-paddy".
I would say I am Kimber's favorite still, but Wes is a close second. When he gets home from work she says "woo-hoo" and runs to get him. He can get her to calm down/distract her much better than I can. Usually it involves cookies:).
- She learns new words everyday. She took it upon herself to start sleeping in a bed, when I was perfectly content to let her keep sleeping in a crib. She gets herself up and down from her stool in her "spot" at the kitchen island.
- She loves the new horses we just got. I thought she would be terrified because she freaked out when we tried to put her on a pony at the flea market. But she loves them, and loves to ride, even by herself, with one of us leading the horse. She is a climber. She is always on the top of the couch, or counter, or whatever-getting into things she shouldn't be. She is always busy. I will be so grateful when she will sit still to watch a cartoon here and there.
- She was born with an attached upper frenulum, like Kamryn and Addi. I always thought she would eventually bust it open, because she has a knack for busting her lip/mouth open. (She has scars on her bottom lip that look like cold sores getting ready to form, from when she fell on some bleachers at a soccer practice). But she never could bust her mouth in the right place, so I figured we would eventually have to have it taken care of. But I noticed a couple of weeks ago that since having more teeth come in, her front teeth have pushed together, and the attached frenulum is no longer attached. Good news! (Addi's still is and will probably have to be fixed at some point).
- Kimber starts screaming whenever Addison comes near whatever it is she is playing with. They fight all the time at home. At work, Addi is content to watch cartoons, but Kimber is always a mess. She whines/cries/screams when she can't have what she wants (which is usually for me to just hold her). I'm doing my best to manage her moods, but it is so draining. Wes is really great at taking her for "walks" when he needs to check on something in the park, and he takes her on a lot of his errands too so I can actually get some work done. The nice thing is that she takes great naps at work and at home, so I know I can plan on having that block of time to do things.
1 comment:
I will happily watch Kimber and Addi while when you go to work. I have a lot of time to catch up on.
Post a Comment